March 8, 2019
Part-Time Children’s House Assistant and Before Care – St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School, Excelsior
Job DescriptionThis is an immediate opening for this school year.
Responsibilities of the Before Care Paraprofessional (7:00 am - 8:35 am):
1. Direct the activities of the children.
2. Maintain a safe environment for the children.
3. Keep the classrooms and play areas clean and attractive.
4. Ensure program compliance with state childcare mandates.
5. Develop and maintain good communications and public relations with the parents.
6. Ensure that children and parents feel welcomed on a daily basis.
7. Maintain proper attendance records.
8. Keep classrooms clean and attractive.
9. Administering first aid as needed.
Responsibilities of a Children’s House Montessori Assistant (8:35 am - 12:30 pm):
1. Work with individuals or small groups of children as directed by the Montessori Guide or Principal. May be required to substitute as needed.
2. Understand, share, and accept the responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
3. Share responsibility for the care and maintenance of classroom materials, dusting and cleaning the environment, refilling supplies, and properly storing all classroom supplies as directed by the Montessori Guide.
4. Perform light janitorial work in the event of accidents, i.e. spills, bathroom accidents, illness, etc.
5. Make sure the environment is safe per the school’s risk management and emergency plans and in line with governmental and accreditation requirements. Be aware of and help maintain the environment to keep children with allergies safe.
6. Report and document any accidents/incidents and behavior issues and share needed information with the Classroom Guide and/or Principal.
7. Keep current attendance records and help in the daily observation and recording of children’s work.
8. Supervise daily recess.
9. Meet with the Montessori Guide weekly to discuss student and environment needs.
10. Direct all parent communication to the Montessori Guide.
11. Work with catechists to assist in the faith formation of children.
12. Attend and help supervise at school functions outside of the school day and/or off campus as required.
13. Help plan, organize, and supervise activities and events that occur during the school day.
14. Support the school’s mission, purposes, and objectives in a positive manner to parents and outside constituents.
15. Assist the Principal with recruitment efforts including the welcoming of parent and student visitors.
16. Attend monthly staff meetings, assistant meetings, workshops, and professional development opportunities as required by or in consultation with the Principal.
17. Work with the Montessori Guide to complete necessary organizational tasks, e.g., birthday celebrations, snack and pantry stocking, and classroom celebrations.
1. Adhere to the mission of St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School.
2. Be a practicing Roman Catholic.
3. Have or build an understanding of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and work with trained catechists in the faith formation of children. Trained catechists preferred.
4. Have an understanding of the Montessori philosophy of education.
5. Love God and desire to share their faith with others.
6. Love children and desire to help them in their personal character, virtue, and faith development.
7. Be able to discipline children positively with gentleness, firmness, and consistency.
8. Be able to maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, especially the Montessori Guide.
9. Be able to maintain strong relationships with parents; characterized by mutual respect, goodwill, and with the understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children.
10. Maintain professionalism in speech, dress, action, and confidentiality.
Institution DescriptionSt. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School is three years old and blessed with highly committed, mission-driven staff and a strong, tightly-knit parent community.
The fullness of the Catholic faith is at the heart of our vibrant culture, and we want well-formed educators willing to lay down their lives for Jesus Christ through our school's mission for the 2019-2020 school year.
Fully Montessori, our students' love of learning and exploration is thriving. With the guidance of our teachers, not only are the students sculpting their own intellects but they are also immersed in faith formation, practical life skills, and social development.
St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School is an exciting place where the Holy Spirit is fulfilling the mission of the Church: the sanctification and salvation of souls!
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease send a cover letter and resume to the principal, Nicholas Fonte.
119 total views, 2 today