February 28, 2019
Full-Time Campus Minister – Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, Minneapolis
Job DescriptionPrimary Functions:
Coordinate worship, service opportunities, and retreats for all students.
Work toward building and maintaining a Campus Ministry program that provides an integrated spiritual, social, leadership, academic, and holistic formation for students at Cristo Rey Jesuit High School.
Collaborate closely with grade-level Deans, Administration, faculty leadership, and others in coordinating, planning, and running events impacting students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate all Liturgical Events: Masses, prayer services, etc.
o Recruitment and training of student liturgical ministers and readers
o Collaborate with Director of Mission and Identity to choose readings and presiders
o Collaborate with Director of Mission and Identity and Assistant Principal to schedule worship days and times
o Prepare Power Points for Masses that include all prayers, responses, and songs
o Collaborate with choir director to choose appropriate music for all worship
• Work with President and Director of Mission and Identity to recruit outside speakers for periodic prayer services, including Thanksgiving, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, etc.
• Coordinate a variety of students and staff to offer the Daily Examen, including scheduling and support with preparing the daily Examen
• Choose themes and create outlines for quarterly “chapel visit” prayer experiences
• Schedule Structured Study time with Deans, College Counseling, Director of Jesuit Mission and Identity, and Corporate Work Study for each grade level to introduce Campus Ministry programs, coordinate service hours preparation and recording of hours, chapel visits, retreat planning and instructions, etc.
• Coordinate and facilitate a variety of service opportunities for students, including student ambassador program, service immersion trips and service “projects” for juniors and seniors
• Maintain accurate records of completed service hours
• Notify and meet with students regarding service hour progress and making plans for completing the graduation requirements of 80 hours
• Promote and support student involvement in Summer Youth Theology Institutes and other appropriate summer Immersion programs
• Coordinate and facilitate all grade-level and leadership retreats for students, including scheduling, securing locations and transportation, ensuring all appropriate permission paperwork is signed and turned in, recruiting chaperones and group leaders, and meeting with students and/or parents as needed
• Provide training and support for the Campus Ministry leadership teams (at each grade level, but especially the senior “Ignite Team) weekly or bi-weekly throughout the year
• Be available for communication with families as needed
• Collaborate with President, Principal, Assistant Principal, and Director of Mission and Identity to schedule all Campus Ministry activities
• Promote the Catholic and Jesuit mission and identity of our school
• Supervise Assistant Campus Ministry Volunteer (JVC, LaSallian, etc) in his/her duties of assisting in the effective and efficient operation of the Office of Campus Ministry
• Be present where students are for supervision, pastoral care, and relationship-building during passing times, lunches and after school
• Attend regularly scheduled Religion Department meetings and Collaborate with the other members of the Religion Department with various tasks as assigned or needed
• Attend regularly scheduled Ignatian Identity Program conversations and a two-day summer Ignatian Themes Workshop
• Collaborate and coordinate on a confidential level with school counselors about possible students with pastoral needs or concerns
• Advocate for students
• Perform other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications• Preferred Qualifications
o Bachelor’s or higher academic degree in Theology or related field
o Experience in an Urban Setting as well as multi-cultural/ethnic youth
o Preferred bilingual English/Spanish
o Exposure to Ignatian Spirituality and/or Jesuit Education
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Commitment to the mission of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
• Ability to support the Catholic and Jesuit character of the school
• Experience with interfaith outreach
• Ability to prioritize and “juggle” multiple projects and requests
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, especially with multi-tasking various programs
Application Instructions/CommentsTo apply: send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email to Fr. John Paul, SJ, Director of Mission and Identity, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2019.
Fr. John Paul, SJ,
Phone: (612) 545-9700.
2924 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55408
386 total views, 2 today