March 20, 2019
Full-Time Alumni Relations & Advancement Events Coord. – Totino-Grace High School, Fridley
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Totino-Grace High School is seeking a highly organized, donor/alumni-focused, and motivated individual to provide leadership and direction for alumni relations and special events. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a dynamic, high-performing team of fundraising professionals in promoting Totino-Grace’s mission. This position has two primary focuses: to increase constituent and alumni engagement and to provide leadership to advancements events, which is highlighted by our Winter Place Gala.
1. Provide leadership to the alumni relations area so as to enhance annual engagement and fundraising efforts.
2. Provide leadership and manage alumni reunions, advancement special events, and other events throughout the school year.
3. Evaluate and refine class reunions and special events to ensure they are effective.
4. Create and maintain alumni communications on the TG website, e-newsletters, the Continuum - alumni community events, and class notes.
5. Coordinates and trains volunteers who work on events and programs.
6. Plan, coordinate, and attend events, meetings, and other activities as requested by the Vice President for Advancement.
7. Develop and oversee event timelines and calendars.
8. Provide backup support for database gift processing.
9. Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the President, supervisor and/or employee for safe and efficient operation of the school or to help fulfill the school’s mission.
1. Full-time position.
2. Competitive hourly rate and benefits.
3. Flexible schedule in terms of start/end hours.
4. Work for an engaging and well-respected organization making a difference in the lives of our students.
1. A bachelor’s degree in areas such as communications, marketing, business is preferred.
2. At least one year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
3. Ability to develop affinity from alumni to attend alumni events.
4. Ability to plan, organize, and facilitate a range of special events.
5. Ability to recruit, train, and motivate volunteers.
6. Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, and Word) and Google Docs.
7. Knowledge and ability to establish budgets for special events.
8. Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and reporting skills.
9. Strong planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
10. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor management program preferred.
11. Ability to work independently.
1. Event planning experience in education and/or non-profit field.
2. Alumni relations’ experience in college or high school setting.
3. Skills and experience in recruiting and working with volunteers on special events.
4. Understanding of Catholic Lasallian mission.
Institution DescriptionTotino-Grace is an Archdiocesan co-educational Catholic high school in the Lasallian tradition. Welcoming a student body that is academically, economically, and culturally diverse, we strive for equity and excellence in all programs. Recognizing the key elements of our mission as learning, faith, community, and service, we seek to provide a safe environment that places priority on mutual respect, self-discipline, and acknowledgment of our responsibility in the world community.
Totino-Grace is an innovative, vibrant Catholic Lasallian high school known for academic rigor and relevance. Enriching student-teacher relationships and dynamic experiential learning opportunities inspires all students to reach their academic, faith, and personal goals. Financial stability and vitality ensure accessibility and transformative success for our students and school community.
Application Instructions/CommentsTo apply for this position, send a resume, letter of interest, and three references or letters of recommendation to:
Richard J. Olson,
Vice President for Advancement,
Totino-Grace High School,
1350 Gardena Avenue NE,
Fridley, MN 55432.
Position will remain posted until it is filled.
392 total views, 1 today