February 28, 2019
Full-Time 3rd Grade Teacher – St. Odilia Catholic School, Shoreview
Job DescriptionSt. Odilia School is seeking a Full-Time 3rd-grade teacher. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success teaching all types of students and will advance the mission of St. Odilia School by:
• Providing a safe, loving, nurturing learning environment for our students.
• Foster an environment in which each child is called into a relationship with Jesus
• Enabling our students to achieve high academic standards through an advanced
• Working with our students to develop a character based on personal integrity.
• Provide an environment where students learn to love art and want to continually show
an effort to improve.
• Participating as a member of our community in workshops, staff development
opportunities, and committee responsibilities.
Job Qualifications• BA or BS Degree, Current MN Teaching License to correspond with courses/grades
• Exhibit competence in instructional methods and knowledge of subject matter being
• . Practicing Catholic
• Demonstrate evidence of good classroom management techniques.
• Develop and maintain a positive atmosphere with colleagues.
• Experience with technology in the classroom, SMARTBoard, iPad, Macbook.
• Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely fashion with school, students, staff,
Institution DescriptionSt. Odilia Catholic School is a Pre-K – 8 school with an enrollment of approximately 650 students. We are blessed with an active, engaged, vibrant, and faith-filled community of experienced staff, parents, alumni, and parishioners.
It is the Mission of Saint Odilia Catholic School to educate the whole child: spiritually, academically, emotionally, socially and physically. Each child will develop a clear Catholic identity, an understanding of the Gospel’s call to service, and an appreciation for the larger community. Our faculty, staff, and curriculum promote a love of learning and a respect for self and others.
Community DescriptionSince 1960, St. Odilia has served the community through Christian formation and education in the parish school and religious education programs; the celebration of the sacraments that mark our life’s journey; programs for youth and families; outreach to the needy; and ministry to the Spanish-speaking members of the parish. We offer many volunteer opportunities for ministry and encourage the involvement of the whole parish community.
Application Instructions/CommentsInterested candidates are encouraged to electronically submit a letter of interest, resume,
1-3 letters of recommendation, and a copy and teaching license by March 14th to:
Mr. Brian Ragatz, Principal,
Interviews will begin the last week of March or beginning of April.
465 total views, 2 today